In addition to the flagship Mi9 company, Xiaomi unexpectedly introduced its simplified version of Mi9 SE. The device has a similar design with an almost frameless display of a slightly smaller diagonal, a sub-screen fingerprint scanner and a triple main camera with a resolution of 48 MP. Also, the manufacturer has equipped SE-version with the latest chipset from Qualcomm and NFC module for contactless payments.
Xiaomi Mi9 SE got a 5.97-inch Super AMOLED display with a small teardrop cutout under the front camera. Thanks to the thin frames, the screen occupies 90.47% of the front panel area. As in the older model, the fingerprint scanner is built directly into the display.
The smartphone is built on the basis of the recently introduced Snapdragon chipset 712. It is made by 10-nm process technology and is an improved version of last year's Snapdragon 710. Compared to its predecessor, productivity increased by about 10%. Qualcomm assures that the new processor provides the best sound when using wireless headphones and supports Quick Charge 4+ technology that allows you to recharge 50% of the battery in just 15 minutes.
An important feature of the new item was the presence of an NFC module. This means that with the help of Xiaomi Mi9 SE you can pay for purchases without contact using Google Pay and other payment services, simply by attaching your smartphone to the terminal.
Like the usual Mi9, the new Mi9 SE got a triple camera. True it is a bit easier than in the older model. The main module is represented by a 48-megapixel sensor Sony IMX586 and a lens with aperture f/1.75. The sensor at 8 MP is designed to analyze depth-of-field when shooting in portrait mode, and a 13-megapixel sensor S5K3L6 with a wide angle lens (f/2.4) is used to take pictures with a viewing angle of 123 degrees.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi9 SE:
- Display: 5.97", Super AMOLED, Full HD+ (2340x1080), 19: 9, Always on Display
- CPU: a 10-nm Snapdragon processor 712, 8 cores, Adreno graphics 616
- RAM: 6 GB, LPDDR4x
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB, UFS2.1
- Camera: 48 MP (Sony IMX586, 1.6 µm in mode, 12 MP, f/1.75) + 8 MP + 13 MP (S5K3L6, 1,12 m, f/2.4, angle of 123 degrees)
- Front camera: 20 MP, support for AI processing, photo
- Battery: 3070 mAh, fast charging with a power of 18 W
- Interfaces: USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), NFC
- Security: sub-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 147.5 x 70.5 x 7.45 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Colors: blue, purple and black
Xiaomi Mi9 SE will be available in China for $ 297 for the 64GB version and $ 342 for the 128GB version.