After a series of rumors and leaks, Meizu presented its response to the release of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro. The new Meizu Note 9 at a price of $208 was one of the first to receive a high-performance Snapdragon 675 processor with a frequency of 2 GHz, a dual main camera with 48 MP support for AI and a capacious battery of 4000 mAh.
6.2-inch IPS - display with a resolution of 2244x1080 pixels received a neat cutout in the form of drops for a 20-megapixel selfie camera and a small "chin". It occupies 89.3% of the front panel area thanks to the thin frames. The thickness of the rounded side faces is only 3.1 mm.
The device is based on a mobile platform 675 Snapdragon processor with a clock frequency of 2.0 GHz processor. The Meizu Note 9 memory is 4 GB or 6 GB, and the built-in flash drive is 64 GB or 128 GB, depending on the configuration. For the graphics capabilities of the gadget meets video accelerator Adreno 612 with support for Hyper Gaming technology, AnTuTu smartphone was able to dial 182 448 "parrots". The capacity of the built-in battery is 4000 mAh.
The rear camera consists of two sensors: a 48-megapixel Samsung GM1 with a six-lens and an auxiliary with a resolution of 5 MP. Both cameras received support for AI algorithms for beautifying selfie shots and scene recognition. The front also takes on the face recognition function to unlock the smartphone even in poor lighting. In the list of included photo capabilities and a night shooting mode with manual configuration.
The fingerprint scanner with the declared recognition accuracy of 99% and the response speed of 0.2 seconds is located on the back cover of the case. At the bottom of the device, there is a speaker grille, a USB Type-C port for charging and synchronizing the smartphone and a 3.5 mm headphone Jack. On the side faces there are physical buttons for switching on, volume adjustment and activation of the voice assistant.
Specifications of Meizu Note 9:
- Display: IPS, 6.2", 18.7: 9, Full HD+ (2244x1080), 450 NIT brightness
- Chipset: eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675, 2.0 GHz, Adreno 612 GPU
- RAM: 4/6 GB LPDDR4X
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB
- Main camera: 48 MP (f/1.9, 1.6 µm, PDAF) + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front camera: 20mp (f/2.0)
- Connectors: USB Type - C, 3.5 mm audio Jack
- Unlock: fingerprint scanner, face recognition
- Communication: two SIM cards, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 4000 mAh, support fast charging (18 W)
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie with proprietary Flyme 7.2 interface
- Dimensions: 153.1 x 74.4 x 8.65 mm
- Weight: 169.7 grams
Meizu Note 9 in blue, white and black colors of the case will go on retail sale in China on March 11 at a price of $208 for a modification of 4/64 GB. Versions 4/128 GB and 6/64 GB will cost $238.