At a presentation in China, Meizu introduced the third flagship smartphone of the “sixteenth” series - 16T, this year. This model is better than 16S, but weaker 16s Pro. The device features include a screen without cutouts with a built-in fingerprint scanner, a large-capacity battery, a triple camera, and NFC.
Meizu 16T looks almost no different from its predecessors. In front, it has the same large screen with thin symmetrical frames and without any cutouts. The front camera, speaker and sensors fit in a narrow top frame. An optical fingerprint scanner is built into the display.
On the back, there is a triple camera with a 12MP megapixel Sony IMX362 main sensor. The same module was used in Google Pixel 2. The second 5-megapixel sensor is used to analyze the depth of field to more accurately identify objects in portrait mode, and the third 8-megapixel module has an ultra-wide-angle lens and can focus on objects from a distance of only 2.5 centimeters.
As the hardware platform, the flagship Snapdragon 855 processor with support for the updated game mode version 4.0 is used. The amount of RAM is 6 or 8 GB, and up to 256 GB of ultra-fast drive like UFS 3.0 are available for data storage. The battery for 4500 mAh with support for fast charging is responsible for autonomy.
Specifications of Meizu 16T:
- Display: Super AMOLED, 6.5 ", 2232x1080, 18.6: 9, 100% DCI-P3, maximum brightness 600 nits
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, Adreno 640 Graphics
- RAM: 6/8 GB, LPDDR4x
- Built-in memory: 128/256 GB, UFS 3.0
- Main camera: triple, 12-megapixels (Sony IMX362, f/1.9) + 8-megapixels (viewing angle 118 °, f/2.2) + 5-megapixels (Samsung 5E9, f/1.9)
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.2
- Battery: 4500 mAh, quick charge 18 W
- Security: on-screen fingerprint scanner
- Audio: stereo speakers, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Communication: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) 4 x 4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- OS: Flyme OS 7 based on Android 9 Pie, scheduled to upgrade to Flyme OS 8
- Dimensions: 159.63 x 78.2 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 183 grams
Meizu 16T will go on sale on October 28 at a price of $ 282 for version 6 + 128 GB. The 8 + 128 GB version will cost $ 325, and the 8 + 256 GB version will cost $ 353.