At the Unpacked event along with the flagships of the Galaxy S10, Samsung presented updated accessories: sports watches Galaxy Watch Active, fitness bracelets Galaxy Fit and Fit E, as well as Bluetooth headphones Galaxy Buds with wireless charging. When developing new products, the needs of people leading an active lifestyle were taken into account, and in their work, each accessory combines a balance of physical activity and additional motivation for action.
"Users are increasingly prioritizing their health and fitness. To do this, they need convenient devices that help monitor the activity and condition of the body throughout the day, — said the President and head of it and Mobile Communications Samsung Electronics Dong Jin Koh. "We are pleased to introduce a new line of wearable gadgets that can integrate harmoniously into everyday life and effectively help users stay healthy and active."
Sports watch Galaxy Watch Active
Galaxy Watch Active is created primarily for users who pay attention to fashion and daily maintain the necessary level of physical activity. The watch received an updated design, a slim and lightweight case and a rich set of features for a balanced lifestyle. The minimalistic interface makes it easy to control the device, and a variety of preset dials and multi-colored interchangeable straps will help to create a unique design for each user.
Galaxy Watch Active uses a comprehensive approach and allows you to control all the important parameters of physical activity (including load during training, sleep quality, stress level, and health status), which turns the device into a personal trainer available to the user throughout the day. In addition, Galaxy Watch Active has three unique features for health tracking:
- Blood pressure measurement. With the My BP Lab app, developed in collaboration with the University of California, San Francisco, on the Galaxy Watch Active, you can track one of the most important functional indicators-blood pressure.
- Track your stress level with the built-in Stress Tracker. With its help, you can control the state of the body, and with increasing levels of stress, the device offers breathing exercises, the effectiveness of which can be checked directly on the screen of the device.
- Fitness tracker: Galaxy Watch Active automatically detects the type of activity (running, Cycling, rowing, ellipse training and 39 more types of exercises can be selected manually, setting daily goals and tracking progress).
Galaxy Watch Active easily integrates into the Galaxy ecosystem along with other devices. The watch is compatible with Android and iOS, and supports popular third-party applications: Under Armour, Spotify, and Strava.
Galaxy Watch Active will appear in retail and official online store Samsung March 8 at a price of $199.99 in the colors of "soft powder", "sea depth", "black satin" and "silver ice".
- Colors: "soft powder", "sea depth", "black satin" and "silver ice"
- Dimensions and weight: 40 mm, 39.5 x 39.5 x 10.5 mm, 25 g
- Display: 1.1 inches (28 mm), 360 x 360 pixel, AMOLED, full color always on display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Strap: 20 mm (replaceable)
- Battery: 230 mAh
- Processor: 1.15 GHz dual-core Exynos 9110
- OS: Wearable OS 4.0 based on Tizen
- Memory: 768 MB RAM + 4 GB internal memory
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi b/ g/ n, NFC, A-GPS / GLONASS
- Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer, heart rate sensor, light sensor
- Charging: wireless on the basis of the WPC
- Protection: 5 ATM + IP68, MIL-STD-810G
- Compatibility: Samsung, other Android devices: Android 5.0 or above, 1.5 GB RAM and more, iPhone: iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 and above
Valid 2/21 – 3/7/2019
Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Fit E fitness wristbands
Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Fit E are designed to help the user regularly maintain an active lifestyle and increase the effectiveness of training. The devices are made in a thin and light body with moisture and dust protection. Galaxy Fit and Galaxy Fit E automatically track activity during walking, running, Cycling, rowing, jumping and elliptical training or during normal dynamic training. In the Samsung Health app, you can manually select one of more than 90 types of exercises. Galaxy Fit and Fit E bracelets are able to recognize the quality of sleep and the level of stress during the day.
Galaxy Fit and Fit E allow you to read notifications, text messages and information widgets installed on your smartphone, set an alarm, manage your calendar, check the weather forecast directly on the bracelets. When moving to other time zones, Galaxy Fit wristbands automatically switch to the dual watch display mode, helping you navigate through time. Both models are protected from moisture so that the owner can take a shower and swim in the pool without removing the device from his hands.
Galaxy Fit and Fit E bracelets will go on sale in April. Galaxy Fit will be made in the colors of "onyx" and "Titan", Galaxy Fit E - "onyx", "milk" and "lemongrass".
Galaxy Buds wireless headphones
Galaxy Buds are small in size, easy to control and high-quality sound from AKG. The new headphones have an improved Ambient Sound mode, thanks to which a person remains aware of everything that is happening around, even when the accessory is in the ears. Voice clarity during a call is provided by an adaptive dual microphone in each earpiece.
The device provides up to 6 hours of music or up to 5 hours of phone calls in Bluetooth connection. Compact case increases audio playback time by 7 hours.
Just a 15-minute charge will extend the operation of the gadget for almost 2 hours. And thanks to the wireless charging technology, the user can quickly recharge the headphones from the Galaxy S10 smartphone.
Galaxy Buds will be available for sale in April at a price $129 (roughly Rs. 9,200), and will also be a gift for users who have pre-ordered any new smartphone series Galaxy S10. The devices will be available in the colors "onyx", "cream" and "citrus".
- Colors: Onyx, cream, citrus
- Size: headphones: 17.5 x 19.2 x 22.3 mm, case: 38.8 x 70 x 26.5 mm
- Weight: headphone: 5.6 g each earphone, box: 39.6 g
- Connection: Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity sensor, Hall sensor, a touch panel
- Battery: headphones: 58 mAh, case: 252 mAh
- USB: Type-C
- Speaker: 5.8 pi dynamic driver
- Compatibility: Android 5.0 and above, 1.5 GB RAM and more
- Audio: SBC, AAC, Scalable audio codecs (own Samsung)