HMD Global has announced the launch of pre-orders for the flagship Nokia 9 PureView - the world's first smartphone with five main cameras. In addition, the device is equipped with a built-in screen fingerprint scanner, flagship filling and a clean version of Android Pie with a guaranteed system and security updates.
The five main cameras are grouped into a ring on the back of the smartphone. Each frame shot on the Nokia 9 PureView is the result of simultaneous operation of five sensors with a total resolution of 60 MP: two color and three monochrome 12 MP (pixel size 1.25 microns) and with a lens f/1.8 each. According to the manufacturer, working synchronously five sensors capture 10 times more light than one camera. As a result, the final image conveys all the visible shades of light and shadow. Photos are taken in HDR mode and the dynamic range is 12.4 exposure steps.
The rich capabilities of advanced optics complement special algorithms that accurately convey the texture and details of the subject, regardless of the conditions — perfect shots are obtained both in bright sunlight and in the shade. In the process of photo processing, artificial intelligence technologies distinguish 1200 levels of depth of field and allow you to change the focus point on the finished photo. Nokia 9 PureView can save all the pictures taken in RAW/DNG formats and allows you to edit them in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or using the multifunctional application "Google Photos" directly in your smartphone.
For the performance of the device is responsible eight-core processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. Data security provides two biometric parameters: a built-in fingerprint scanner and facial recognition technology through the front camera.
The battery capacity of 3320 mAh is enough for 28 hours of talk in the 4G network, and the minimum standby time is 16.5 days. Nokia 9 PureView provides fast charging via a symmetric connector USB Type-C (USB 3.0) and wireless charging standard Qi.
The front and back panels of the smartphone are made of tempered glass Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and the frame is made of durable and at the same time light aluminum 6000 series. All cameras are flush with the surface of the body. In addition, the device is protected from water according to IP67 standard.
Specifications of Nokia 9 PureView:
- Display: 5,99", POLED Quad HD+ (2960х1440), 18.5:9, support HDR10 and Always on Display, Gorilla glass
- Processor: eight-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, 10-nm, maximum 2.8 GHz, Adreno 630 graphics
- RAM: 6 GB, LPPDDR4X
- Drive: 128GB, UFS 2.1, support microSD cards up to 512 GB
- Main camera: five 12 MP modules each (two color and three monochrome), 1.25 µm, all lenses with f/1.8 aperture
- Front camera: 20 MP with pixel size of 1.0 µm or 5 megapixels with a pixel size of 2.0 µm for shooting in low light
- Battery: 3320 mAh, support fast charging (18 W), wireless charging Qi (10 W)
- Interfaces: USB Type-C (USB 3.0), Bluetooth 5.0, dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (MIMO), NFC
- Connection: LTE Cat. 16 4x4 MIMO
- Security: fingerprint scanner in the screen
- Water protection: IP67
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8 mm
- Weight: 172 g
Nokia 9 PureView will retail for a global average retail price of $699.”