Xiaomi company presented a new gaming smartphone Black Shark 2 Pro in China. One of its main features was the use of the recently introduced Snapdragon 855 Plus processor. In addition to the more powerful filling, which brought the device more than 500,000 points in AnTuTu, the Pro-version received an updated design and a number of other changes.
The main difference between Black Shark 2 Pro from the usual Black Shark 2 is the use of a new processor Snapdragon 855 Plus, which is 15% more powerful than its predecessor, and ultra-fast drive standard UFS 3.0 (the same as in OnePlus 7 Pro and ASUS ROG Phone 2). In the popular benchmark, AnTuTu gadget scored 500 610 points. The device is available only with 12 GB of RAM. The novelty also received a liquid cooling system of the third generation.
The manufacturer also slightly updated the display of the smartphone. As in its predecessor, it uses a 6.39-inch AMOLED matrix with full HD+ resolution, HDR support, and 240 Hz refresh rate of the touch layer. Important for gamers improvement was the reduction in delay for touch response from 43.5 34.7 milliseconds. The company claims that this is the best and yet unattainable by any of the competitors' indicator. In addition, the Black Shark 2 Pro screen supports DC Dimming 2.0, which reduces its flicker.
Specifications of Black Shark 2 Pro:
- Display: 6.39", AMOLED, Full HD+ (2340x1080), DCI-P3, 240Hz touch layer refresh rate, 34.7 MS response delay, support DC Dimming 2.0
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 Plus, 2.96 GHz, Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 12 GB
- Drive: 128 / 256 GB, UFS3.0
- Main camera: dual, 48mp (Sony IMX586, f/1.75) + 12MP (Samsung S5K3M5, f/2.2, 2x zoom without loss of quality)
- Front camera: 20mp (f/2.2)
- Battery: 4000 mAh, support fast charging 27 W
- Interfaces: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (support 2x2 Mimo and MU MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0 (support aptX and aptX HD)
- Security: fingerprint scanner in the screen
- OS: Android 9 Pie
- Dimensions: 163.61 x 75.01 x 8.77 mm
- Weight: 205 g
Black Shark 2 Pro will be released in two versions with 128GB and 256 GB storage for $436 and $508 respectively. The smartphone will go on sale on August 2.