At the MWC 2019 exhibition in Barcelona, Huawei presented a line of ultrabooks MateBook 13. In addition to the thin body, all models of the series received a productive hardware configuration, a display with thin frames and decent battery life.
The 13-inch screen with a resolution of WHQD (2560x1440 pixels), color gamut 100% sRGB and a brightness of 350 nits is 88% of the area of the front panel. The version with a touch screen is additionally covered with Gorilla Glass protective glass. The thickness of the body when folded is 14.9 mm, weight-1.28 kg.
Under the "hood" of the laptop, depending on the configuration, a quad-core Intel Core i5-8265U processor with a frequency of up to 3.9 GHz or Core i7 — 8565U (up to 4.6 GHz) is installed. For the graphics capabilities of the device is responsible built-in graphics card Intel UHD 620 or discrete NVIDIA GeForce MX150. The amount of RAM LPDDR3 with a frequency of 2133 MHz is 8 GB, SSD-drive PCI-Express — 256 or 512 GB.
On the body of the device, there are two USB Type-C connectors and a combined 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones with a microphone. Further provided with accessory MateDock 2 to connect an external monitor via HDMI or VGA.
Multimedia features include built-in stereo speakers, two microphones, Dolby Atmos technology, and 4K video playback. In the list of wireless interfaces, Huawei MateBook 13 includes modules Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) and Bluetooth 5.0. The keyboard with a 1.3 mm keystroke is equipped with backlight. Also, the ultrabook is equipped with an NFC-module for quick synchronization with a smartphone — just touch the gadget of the laptop case to transfer to the last photo, video or selected text from the clipboard.
The fingerprint scanner built into the power button is responsible for data security and unlocking laptops. The battery provides up to 10.3 hours of video playback. Support fast charging function allows for 15 minutes to increase the autonomy of the device for 2.5 hours.
Specifications of Huawei MateBook 13:
- Screen: TFT IPS, 13", 2560x1600, touch (optional)
- Processor: quad-core Intel Core i5-8265U 1.6 GHz or Core i7-8565U 1.8 GHz
- Graphics accelerator: Intel UHD Graphics 620, NVIDIA GeForce MX150
- Operating system: Windows 10
- RAM: 8 GB DDR3L 2133 MHz
- Drive: 256/512 GB PCIe SSD
- Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0
- Web camera: 1 MP
- Sensors: fingerprint
- Battery: 42 WH, Li-Po, non-removable
- Dimensions: 286x211x14, 9 mm
- Weight: 1280 grams
The cost of all versions of MateBook 13:
- i5, 8GB RAM, 256 GB ROM, UHD 620 - €999 (Rs-80484/-)
- i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB ROM, MX 150 — €1099 (Rs-88541/-)
- i7, 8GB RAM, 512 GB ROM, UHD 620 - €1199 (Rs-96597/-)
- i7, 8GB RAM, 512 GB ROM, MX 150, touch screen — €1399 (Rs-112710/-)