Even before the release of the final version of the mobile operating system iOS 13, Apple published the first beta version of iOS 13.1 for developers. It is noteworthy that the corporation for the first time violated the tradition of numbering OS assemblies - however, innovations were not limited to numbers.
One of the key features of iOS 13.1 was the restoration of features removed during beta testing of previous builds. The list of changes includes the following items:
- The appearance of the menu of icons "Quick Actions", previously available in iOS 13 beta 5
- Volume HUD volume control now displays the icon of the connected device, including HomePod, Beats, and AirPods
- New HomeKit icons previously available only on macOS
- New dynamic wallpapers
- Updated Share Location interface with Apple Maps integration
- Cosmetic changes in the menu item "Access Point"
- New icon for plug-in game accessories in the Battery widget
- New Icons for AirDrops Devices
- Updated font panel in the system settings menu
The expected release of the final version of iOS 13.1 will take place shortly after the release of the basic iOS 13, which, according to available information, will debut simultaneously with the new iPhone in September.