Nokia introduced a new Wi-Fi Mesh system Beacon 1. The new product supports dual-band Wi-Fi (AC1200) and a variety of intelligent functions. A bundle of three such devices can achieve coverage of 420 square meters.
The idea of Wi-Fi Mesh solutions is modularity. Each of the modules is represented by a separate device, the principle of which is similar to a conventional router. All components of the system are equivalent and, uniting into a single network, they significantly expand the area of wireless signal distribution.
One device is able to cover an area of 140 square meters. The user can increase the coverage to 420 m by combining three such devices. Nokia Beacon 1 supports 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz Wi-Fi bands. Compliance with the AC1200 standard means the maximum theoretical data transfer rate of up to 1200 Mbps and support for 802.11 ac.
Features Of Nokia Beacon 1:
- Wi-Fi frequency ranges: 2.4 GHz and 5GHz
- Coverage area: up to 420 square meters
- Communication standard: 802.11 ac, 802.11 k/v
- Connections: Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Speed Ethernet port: 1 Gbps
- Number of Ethernet ports: 2
The features of the Mesh system are also worth mentioning:
- Automatic configuration of additional modules without user intervention.
- Intelligent algorithm for selecting the best Wi-Fi channel to ensure maximum data transfer speed in conditions where there are many wireless access points around.
- Combining wired and wireless connections.
- Manage your device through the mobile app. With it, you can see the coverage map, identify areas with the minimum signal level, open access to guest Wi-Fi and view a list of connected clients.
- "Bridge" mode, which allows using a Mesh device as an access point for retransmitting Wi-Fi signal.
Nokia Beacon 1 costs $129 per device. A set of three modules is estimated at $299.