Nikon has introduced a new full-frame telephoto lens in the S-line series — Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S. It is focused on portrait photography. Among the features of the model — fast focus, high sharpness, and contrast throughout the field of the frame.
Due to improved optical characteristics of the lens Z Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 S is suitable for shooting in all conditions: from the classic the close-ups to portraits in a natural setting, from the intimate atmosphere to large events. Nikon promises sharpness across the entire frame field even when shooting at the maximum open f/1.8 aperture. In addition, the lens minimizes glare even in backlighting.
The lens also provides fast focus. This allows the Nikon Z to recognize the eyes and keep the focus on them, no matter how many people are in the frame — one or a group. Video enthusiasts can take advantage of the 85mm focal length to highlight subjects and create low-depth-of-field videos.
"The Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S is a universal lens. With its multi-focus system and large maximum aperture, you won't have to worry about difficult lighting conditions and you'll always be ready to catch the moment. Whether you're filming at an event, in the studio or outdoors, you can create amazing and unique portraits," said Dirk Jasper, product marketing Manager at Nikon's European division.
Key features of the lens:
- Nikon Z's wide bayonet mount allows the lens to capture more light throughout the frame field.
- Anti-reflective nanocrystalline coating Nano Crystal Coat.
- Smooth and silent multi-drive focusing.
- Sharp images with high detail throughout the frame.
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.80 m total
- Robust design: all moving parts of the lens are protected from dust and water droplets.
- Excellent solution for video shooting: silent aperture adjustment and almost silent autofocus.
- Adjustable control ring: can be used for manual focus (default), aperture control and exposure correction.
The price and timing of the appearance of the new item will be announced later.