At the MWC 2019 exhibition in Barcelona, Xiaomi held an international announcement of the new flagship Mi9, announcing prices for the European market. The official presentation of the company's first 5g smartphone-Mi Mix 3 5G was also held.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G looks no different from the usual Mi Mix 3. It is still the same virtually frameless slider with 7000 series aluminum frame and ceramic back cover. The main change was the use of a new processor Snapdragon 855, made by a 7-nm process, and modem Snapdragon X50 with 5g support. Also, the manufacturer increased the battery capacity from 3200 to 3800 mAh.
The maximum download speed exceeds 2 Gbps: a 15-minute Full HD video of 256 MB or 26 MP3 files (320 Kbit/s) is downloaded in just 1 second.
"Xiaomi has put a lot of effort into developing a 5g — enabled smartphone, and Mi Mix 3 5G embodies Xiaomi's commitment to creating innovative products for everyone," says Xiaomi senior Vice President Wang Xiang. "It's also a great pleasure and a great honor to work with our partners to make 5G a reality for even more users around the world."
Right during the presentation, a Xiaomi employee made a video call using Mi Mix 3 5G using the fifth generation networks of the local operator Orange:
"We are pleased to continue our long-term cooperation with Xiaomi, striving to provide unprecedented 5g speeds and a fundamentally new user experience thanks to their latest flagship smartphone Mi Mix 3 5G, - said Cristiano Amon, President of Qualcomm Incorporated. - The heart of the new Mi Mix 3 5G and Mi 9, the Snapdragon 855 mobile platform is equipped with a fourth-generation Qualcomm AI Engine that will make your smartphone the perfect personal assistant; presented for the first time in the world, Qualcomm Spectra Computer Vision's image processor will allow you to create cinematic-class photos, and the Snapdragon gaming platform will transform your premium smartphone into a powerful gaming machine."
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G:
- Display: 6.39", AMOLED, Full HD+ (2340x1080), 19.5:9
- Chipset: eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 7-nm, Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4X
- Drive: 128GB UFS 2.1
- Camera: dual, 12 MP wide angle (Sony IMX363, f/1.8, 1.4 µm) + 12 MP telephoto (Samsung S5K3M3+, f/2.4, 1 µm), four-axis optical stabilization, Dual Pixel AF
- Front camera: dual, 24mp + 2MP, Sony IMX576, 1.8 µm, HDR
- Battery: 3800 mAh, support fast charging Quick Charge 4+ Qi wireless charging
- Communication: 5G + 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5GHz), MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Navigation: GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS
- Operating system: MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Unlock: fingerprint scanner on the back side, face detection
- Dimensions: 157.89 x 74.69 x 8.46 mm
- Weight: 218 g
In Europe, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G will cost €599. The global version of Xiaomi Mi9 will go on sale on February 28 at a price of €449 for the model 6 + 64 GB and €499-for a modification of 6 + 128 GB.
"Inspired by the works of Antoni gaudí, Mi 9 incredibly combines light reflection, smooth curves, and natural elements to create a true masterpiece of art," says Carlos Canals Roura, President of the Antonio gaudí Academy of Sciences. — The maximum display of beauty."