Samsung continues to expand its range of smartphones in the medium price segment. Despite the absence of an official announcement, the new product called Galaxy A40 has already appeared on the website of the European online retailer. The key features of the gadget are productive filling, advanced photo capabilities and the presence of a popular module for contactless payments among European users.
According to the Dutch online store Belsimpel, the smartphone received a 5.9-inch Super AMOLED display with a cutout Infinity-U and a resolution of 2280x1080 pixels. The fingerprint scanner, unlike the older A-series models, is not located under the screen-the manufacturer placed it on the back cover of the smartphone.
Hardware filling includes an eight-core mobile processor Exynos 7885 with a maximum clock speed of 2.2 GHz. Mali-G71 graphics chip and 4GB of RAM. Built-in storage capacity-64 GB supports the installation of microSD cards. The battery capacity is 3100 mAh, fast charging function is supported.
The rear camera is represented by two sensors: the main one at 16 MP and a super wide-angle 5-megapixel one with an aperture of f/2.2. Resolution single selfie-module — 25 MP. The smartphone received a 3.5 mm audio jack, USB Type-C port, NFC module and a combined tray for two SIM cards. Android 9.0 Pie is used as the operating system.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy A40:
- Display: 5.9", Super AMOLED, 2280x1080, Infinity-U
- Chipset: 14nm Samsung Exynos 7885 (2.2 GHz), Mali-G71 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Built-in memory: 64GB, support microSD
- Main camera: 16 MP + 5 MP (f/2.2)
- Front camera: 25 MP
- Communication: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Security: fingerprint scanner
- Connectors: USB Type - C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Battery: 3100 mAh, support fast charging
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie (Samsung One UI)
- Dimensions: 144.3 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
Start of sales in black, white, blue and orange colors of the case is expected on April 10 at a price of $282.