Together with the usual Reno 2, OPPO introduced two more new series smartphones: Reno 2Z and Reno 2F. The devices are similar to each other but slightly different in appearance from Reno 2. The main differences are in technical specifications. Moreover, all three models are equipped with quad cameras.
The front and back of Reno Reno 2F and 2Z are almost indistinguishable from the normal Reno 2. Almost the entire front side is occupied by a 6.5-inch screen without cutouts, and behind is a strip with the company logo and four lenses. It is for the location of the cameras can distinguish between the Reno 2Z and Reno 2F models from the Reno 2: at last, they go from larger to smaller with a round bottom panel.
Another difference, invisible at first glance, is another form of retractable front camera. If in Reno 2 it rises in the form of a “fin”, then in Reno 2Z and Reno 2F it has a more traditional periscope shape.
The main differences between the three models are technical specifications. The Reno 2Z uses the MediaTek Helio P90 processor, and the Reno 2F uses the MediaTek Helio P70. For comparison, Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 is installed in Reno 2. Another change is 128 GB of internal storage in Reno 2F, while in the other two models 256 GB are available.
OPPO Reno 2
OPPO Reno 2Z
OPPO Reno 2F
In Reno 2Z and Reno 2F, not only the camera layout is changed, but the sensors themselves. So, instead of the 13-megapixel camera with a viewing angle of 119 degrees, as in Reno 2, a 2-megapixel module is used, and instead of the 13-megapixel “telephoto” an additional 2-megapixel sensor for portrait shots is installed. In all other respects, the devices are identical.
Features OPPO Reno 2Z | Reno 2F:
- Display: 6.5 ", AMOLED, Full HD + (2340 x 1080), 20: 9, support DC Dimming
- Chipset: eight-core MediaTek Helio P90 | eight-core MediaTek Helio P70
- RAM: 8 GB, LPDDR4X Memory: 256 GB | 128 GB
- Main camera: 48 megapixels (f/1.7) + 8 megapixels (viewing angle 116 °, f/2.2) + 2 x 2 megapixels (for portrait photos)
- Front camera: 16 megapixel with flash
- Security: on-screen fingerprint scanner
- Communication: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2x2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5, GPS / A-GPS / Beidou / Glonass / GALILEO, NFC
- Battery: 4000 mAh, support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging technology
- OS: Android 9 Pie with ColorsOS 6.1
- Size: 160 x 74.3 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 189g
The Reno 2Z will go on sale on September 6 at a price of around $ 417. Reno 2F will be released in November. Its price will be announced later.