In China, the presentation of the flagship smartphone Nubia Z20. The device became the successor of last year's Nubia X and inherited two displays from it. Due to this, the new item has no front camera, and therefore cutouts in the screen or any sliding mechanisms. Another feature of the device is the top-end Snapdragon 855 Plus processor.
Almost the entire front side of the Nubia Z20 is occupied by a 6.42-inch AMOLED display with curved edges. The main feature of the new item was the second screen on the back panel. It is also made using AMOLED technology but has a smaller diagonal of 5.1 inches. Both displays allow you to fully enjoy all the functions of the smartphone.
The additional screen supports Always on Display 2.0 technology and is capable of displaying time, customizable text, animations, videos, QR codes for paying for travel or purchases, notifications and other information in an inactive state. In this mode, it completely merges with the back cover.
On the backside is a camera with three modules: the main 48 MP, wide-angle (122.2°) and telephoto with support for triple optical zoom. There are two led flashes on the sides. The presence of the rear screen allows you to use the camera as the main for taking selfies and recording video blogs of high quality. Of the unusual chips claimed 30-fold digital zoom and the ability to shoot video in resolution up to 8K.
Among other interesting features of the Nubia Z20, it is worth noting the presence of two fingerprint scanners — one on each side. Thanks to this smartphone is convenient to use both right-handed and left-handed — regardless of the active display. In addition, faces respond to compression: you can assign this action to start the desired application or function.
Specifications of Nubia Z20:
- Main display: 6,42", AMOLED, Full HD+ (2340х1080), 19,5:9
- Second display: 5.1", AMOLED, HD+ (1520x720)
- Chipset: eight-core, Snapdragon 855 Plus, Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 6 / 8 GB, LPDDR4X
- Drive: 128 / 512 GB
- Camera: triple, 48 MP (Sony IMX586, f/1.7, OIS) 16 MP (viewing angle 122.2°, macro shooting from a distance of 2.5 cm), 8 MP (3x optical zoom, 30x digital zoom)
- Security: two fingerprint scanners on the sides
- Communication: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5GHz), 2x2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual GPS (L1 / L5), USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery, quick charge 4.0 (27W) quick Charge)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 158.63 x 75.26 x 9 mm
- Weight: 186 g
The smartphone will be available in three versions: 6 + 128 GB for $497, 8 + 128 GB for $525 and 8 + 512 GB for $596. In China, sales will start on August 16. The availability of the gadget in other regions has not yet been reported.