Huawei introduced its first smartphone with a newfangled retractable front camera — P smart Z. This solution allowed to get rid of cutouts in the screen to maximize its usable area. In addition, the product is equipped with a large capacity battery and previously undeclared processor.
Almost the entire front panel of the Huawei P smart Z takes 6.59-inch LCD TFT-display. The front camera is hidden inside the case on a small retractable mechanism. According to the manufacturer, it can withstand a pressure of 12 kg, and during testing, it was raised and lowered more than 100 000 times to ensure reliability.
The front and dual main cameras support artificial intelligence functions to identify objects in the frame. The possibility of recognition of more than 500 scenes in 22 categories is declared. This allows the smartphone to more accurately set the shooting parameters to the final picture was the highest quality and ready for publication in social networks.
An unusual feature of the Huawei P smart Z was the use of the previously undeclared processor Kirin 710F. It is made by 12nm process technology, includes four 2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 cores and four 1.7 GHz energy-efficient Cortex-A53 cores, and supports proprietary GPU Turbo 2.0 technology to enhance gaming performance. Video accelerator Mali-G51 MP4 is responsible for graphics processing.
Specifications of Huawei P smart Z:
- Display: 6.59", Full HD+ (2340x1080), 19.5:9
- Processor: eight-core Kirin 710F, Mali-G51 MP4 graphics
- RAM: 4 GB
- Built-in memory: 64 GB, microSD support up to 512 GB
- Main camera: dual, 16mp + 2MP depth sensor
- Front camera: 16 MP
- Interfaces: Dual 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Security: fingerprint scanner
- Operating system: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 shell
- Dimensions: 163.5 × 77.3 × 8.8 mm
- Weight: 196.8 grams
The new Huawei P smart Z is already available in Europe for €279.