The rumor about the new PlayStation goes for a long time, but before the official statements from Sony, all this was just speculation. Today, the Corporation decided to put an end to gossip. Mark Serney, the platform architect, confirmed that the company does not intend to stop on PS4, and shared with journalists of the portal Wired long-awaited information on what will be a next-generation console.
The new PlayStation has no official name yet, although gamers will surely be surprised if it is not a PS5. In addition, wait for a novelty in stores in the near future is not worth it: the release in 2019 is out of the question. However, some studios have begun work on games for the console, but Sony took over the newsletter devkitov. Mark Serney, who designed the PS4, again acted in this role, already for the successor of his previous creation — and he also shared the main facts about the device.
- CPU - AMD Ryzen third generation ZEN2 architecture, process technology 7 nm
- GPU - based AMD Navi, with the Custom modifications and support for ray tracing, 7 nm process technology
- The new audio subsystem with support for 3D-Audio
- Current PSVR compatible with the console. The headset will be reissued later
- It was also mentioned that Sony is like the SSD, but PS5 will be "something special." It is possible that the question of a hybrid vehicle (HDD + SSD-cache or HDD + Optane-cache). Cerny brought a concrete example of how a new solution affects the download speed in Spider Man'e when moving fast, it increased more than 15 times
The next prefix will have physical media, but it is not yet said which ones. But surely it is known that the new PlayStation will not be purely digital. In addition, Sony has provided backward compatibility with the PS4. No information on services, prices, online component or games yet.