MediaTek announced the Dimensity line of mobile platforms for smartphones that support fifth-generation mobile networks. A single-chip system (SoC) called Dimensity 1000 will be an alternative to Qualcomm Snapdragon flagship chipsets. In addition to the productive ARM processor cores, the gadget is notable for the simultaneous use of two 5G SIM cards and an impressive set of other wireless interfaces.
The mobile platform manufactured using the 7-nm process technology is based on four ARM Cortex-A77 cores with a clock frequency of 2.6 GHz and four Cortex-A55 (2.0 GHz) with the support of the Mali-G77 graphics accelerator. The single-chip system (SoC) includes the AI Processing Unit AI module (APU 3.0) with a speed of about 4.5 trillion operations per second.
The built-in 5g modem, according to the manufacturer, supports operation in autonomous and non-autonomous modes (SA/NSA) and provides data download speeds of up to 4.7 Gbit/s (up to — 2.5 Gbit/s) in the frequency range up to 6 GHz. The novelty also supports wireless interfaces Wi-Fi 6 (801.11 ax) and Bluetooth 5.1. Another feature of the novelty was the Dual 5G SIM mode.
According to the published specifications, the chipset supports up to 16 GB of LPDD4X RAM and displays with a resolution of up to 2520 x 1080 pixels and a refresh rate of up to 90 Hz. The built-in image processor is responsible for image processing, which is able to "pull" one 80-megapixel camera sensor or a bunch of sensors at 32 and 16 MP. Announced support for hardware decoding 4K video with a frame rate of 60 fps.
- CPU: 4 x Cortex-A77 (2.6 GHz) + 4 x Cortex-A55 (2.0 GHz)
- Modem: 5G SA / NSA (up to 6 GHz) + 4G TDD / FDD, 4x4 MIMO, 256 QAM, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1X, EV-DO, GSM / EDGE
- Communication: 5G + 5G, 4G + 5G, 5G + 4G
- Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 6 (2x2 801.11ax), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo
- RAM Support: Up to 16GB LPDD4X
- Display support: maximum resolution QHD +, refresh rate up to 90 Hz, HDR
- Video Processing: 4K (60 fps), Support H.264, H.265, VP9, AV1,
- Photo processing: 5-core processor, up to 80 megapixels or 32 megapixels + 16 megapixels
- APU: 3rd Generation 5-core
The appearance on the market of the first smartphones equipped with a new chip is expected in the first quarter of 2020.