By M. Konwar
The author of the NX Gamer channel conducted the first full-fledged comparison of Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS5 and Xbox Series X.
The results can once again be called "boring" - there is virtually parity between both versions.
Both versions work at 60 FPS with very rare drops in a couple of frames, but on the PS5, full vertical synchronization is enabled, while on the Xbox, adaptive synchronization is used with image breaks when the frequency decreases.
The resolution in both versions is also the same-dynamic 4K. On the PS5 in tests, it did not fall below 1620p, and on the Xbox - 1440p.
The only" serious " difference between the versions was the download: on the PS5, it is about 5-12% faster. It is also worth noting that the PlayStation 5 does not have all sorts of logos when you cold start the game, although on the Xbox does.
According to the calculations blogger JorRaptor, start from the home screen to the game console main menu PS5 takes about 20 seconds, and Series X - about 53 seconds. The save file is loaded in 10-15 seconds.
As a result, there are only two notable differences between the two versions of the game: full vertical sync and slightly faster downloads on the PS5.
The VG Tech channel also prepared its analysis. The author showed a little more episodes, including from England, but the results are similar — both consoles almost always show 60 FPS, with the exception of rare drops. In the worst cases, up to 50 frames per second.
PS5 - 59.85 FPS Xbox Series X - 59.62 FPS VG Tech also tested "Valhalla" on the Xbox Series S. Here the game works in dynamic 1620p with a decrease to 1152p. On average-about 1440p. Performance is good, the game consistently holds 30 frames per second (average - 29.95 FPS). The tearing occurs here as well.
By M. Konwar
For the first time in the history of Call of Duty in the debut, week failed to top the charts of British retail, because this year the shooter was released simultaneously with the latest part of Assassin's Creed — and it was the Assassin's Creed Valhalla that became the leader of the past week.
"Valhalla" as a whole showed a remarkably large sale. The starting circulation was twice as high as it was a couple of years ago at the extremely successful Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Although it should be borne in mind that the Ubisoft action took into account 5 days of sales, while Black Ops Cold War — two.
42% of Assassin's Creed circulation was for PS4, 18% for PS5, 40% for Xbox One, and Xbox Series.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales closes the top three. The PS5 version accounts for a whopping 71% of circulation, while the remaining 29% is on PS4. At the same time, 21% of all games sold for the week fell on the PS5, although the console, again, has not yet been released.
Other new products include a remake of Demon's Souls in 6th place, Sackboy: A Big Adventure in 13th (89% of circulation went to the PS5 version), and Godfall in 16th. Yakuza's soft relaunch, subtitled Like a Dragon, hit 20th place with 65% of its circulation on PS4.
It's also worth noting that Just Dance's annual sales have more than doubled, while DIRT 5 is selling modestly.
Charts from 8 to 14 November
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (new) Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (new) Spider-Man: Miles Morales (new) FIFA 21 Animal Crossing: New Horizons Demon's Souls (new) Super Mario 3D All-Stars Mario Kart 8: Deluxe Minecraft for Switch Watch Dogs: Legion