In the last few years, more and more couples decide to hold a wedding event in the European style. A European wedding is more like a social event in a calm and romantic atmosphere.
The difference between the two solemn events
According to European customs, the young woman is given by her father or the closest male relative. You can combine the traditions of both peoples, but usually, the European style is chosen because of the lack of bride price in it. Also, at such a wedding, there will be no toastmaster, serving bread with salt, and other familiar rites.
According to the tradition of European wedding Banquet hosts leading, or as it is often called, entertainer. It does not so much entertain guests as create a favorable atmosphere for them and the young. The entertainer announces musical pauses, gives the right to toast, focuses on the special moments of the evening.
A wedding in European style (photo can be seen in the article) is more spectacular, as artists, circus performers, magicians, and singers are invited to entertain guests. Young shows a short film about the history of their acquaintance and love. For all those present organized the most comfortable conditions for a pleasant time.
Another feature of the European celebration is the presence of bridesmaids and groomsmen. Outfits for each of them are purchased in advance. Bridesmaids' dresses are made of a fabric of the same color and texture, but in different styles, depending on the shape of each. Friends are dressed in tuxedos or suits like the groom. At the European celebration, each girlfriend has a bouquet. The details of the dress at the bridesmaids and friends are in the same colors to blend in with the chosen decor of the wedding.
Traditions of the event
The main traditions of a European wedding are:
- Services of professional decorators, managers, photographers, etc.
- The wedding and the away wedding ceremony take place on the same day.
- The participation of the younger generation - girls sprinkle the path to the altar with flower petals, and the boy brings wedding rings.
- In contrast to the Slavic celebration, where there is one witness from each side, there are always some friends and girlfriends in a European wedding.
- Lighting a candle of unity. The tradition is like stirring up a “family hearth,” but it is held after the wedding ceremony.
- The absence of a toastmaster with banal competitions. Instead, they invite a professional presenter.
- The design of a European wedding is tied to a specific theme and the chosen color palette.
- Stand-alone tables for invited guests, on average, designed for ten people. Each of them is beautifully designed and provides a seating card.
What should not be at a European wedding?
It is carefully planned. Every detail must comply with the plan. All performances take place at the specified time, there is no room for improvisation, typical Slavic customs. Be sure to a pre-written script. At a European wedding, the traditional theft of the bride and the ransom, vulgar contests, shedding grain or sugar, giving a loaf, etc. are excluded. If the young are ready to abandon these customs, the celebration in the European style is ideal for them.
How the event goes?
According to the scenario, a European-style wedding begins in the morning. This day belongs entirely to the couple. Waking up in the morning, they bring beauty without fuss, meet and go to a photoshoot. After that, with friends go to the venue of the ceremony, where they are waiting for invited guests. The bride is led to the altar by her father.
After the oath of the young register and move on to the celebration. He leads his entertainer in a more relaxed manner than the master of ceremonies. He sets the pace for the celebration, where the guests were able to congratulate the newlyweds and to have fun. The couple cut the cake and dance their first dance. The Banquet doesn't last long. As a rule, the newlyweds are the first to leave the event, leaving the invited guests to have fun.
Finally, the bride throws a bouquet to her unmarried friends. If fireworks were organized or launching paper lanterns into the sky, it is the final part of the evening, after it the young leave. As a thank, you for the gifts and congratulations from the Bridal couple to each guest presented a miniature of the same thing. Photos from European weddings remind of this solemn day.
Bachelorette party and bachelor party
The tradition of holding a bachelorette party and bachelor party on the eve of the wedding is also borrowed from Europe.
During the bachelorette party very often held a photoshoot, pictures of which are placed in the wedding album. The event is organized in the hotel, Spa complex or in the country. The ladies do beauty treatments and then have lunch together.
For the future bride and groom, friends arrange an entertainment program in the sports complex, a joint dinner or an extreme pastime. Here the main thing - to observe the measure and not to overestimate their strength.
Pre-banquet events in the house of the bride and groom
If the couple goes to the place of the ceremony from home, then there are some traditional conventions.
On the wedding day, the groom's friends gather in his house, where a light buffet is held. After that, the car is delivered to the front door, and the groom and his friends go to the bride's house, with him he has a bouquet.
On the threshold of the bride's house, he is met by several of her friends and cordially greeted (without ransom), escorted inside. Upon entering, the groom is waiting in the lobby of the future father-in-law. Then he introduces him to his friends and briefly talks about how he is going to build a family life with his future wife, a warm attitude towards her. The father of the bride can ask questions. If all the above suits him takes the daughter to the groom. The young man presents her with a bouquet, welcomes his mother, and together they go to the place of registration of marriage.
Preparation and wedding walk
Appearing in the registry Office, the young marry, and then accept congratulations from a small retinue who arrived with them. The photographer takes several pictures of the newlyweds and a common photo with family and friends. For memory you can say a few words about their feelings to each other, to capture the first marital kiss. During the exit from the registry Office young showered with flower petals or rice, after which the wedding procession moves for a walk.
A place for it is organized in advance. The best option is a picturesque area away from prying eyes. Here you can prepare a small buffet with fruit snacks, dessert, and champagne, invite musicians to during the photo shoot, guests can relax and have a snack. After a short walk, all go to the place where the Banquet will be held.
Here is an approximate scenario for a European-style wedding in the Moscow region:
- 8:30 - cars should be at the groom's house.
- 8: 30-9: 00 - a buffet of light meals at the groom's house.
- 9: 00-10: 00 - the time allotted for the journey to the bride's house (may vary depending on the distance).
- 10:00 - the tuple should be in place. The bridegroom and his escort meet the bridesmaids, escorted into the house. There, the bride's father brings his daughter to the bridegroom. The future husband with the words of love gives the bride a bouquet. Guests pass into the room where the table is laid with light snacks. If the wedding evening scenario involves a buy-in ceremony, take enough time for this.
- 10: 30-11: 30 - time to go to the registry office.
- 11: 30-12: 00 - preparation for the solemn ceremony.
- 12: 00-12: 30 - solemn ceremony of marriage.
- 12: 30-13: 00 - congratulations from friends and relatives, photo and video, champagne. The groom carries the bride in his arms, they are sprinkled with coins, rice, and petals.
- 13: 00-13: 30 - the road to the church, where the wedding will take place.
- 13: 30-14: 00 - preparation for the wedding ceremony.
- 14: 00-14: 45 - the wedding.
- 14: 45-15: 00 - congratulations.
- 15: 00-17: 00 - time for a walk. In the summer, you can include in the scenario of a wedding evening a buffet on the nature in a picturesque place with the participation of musicians.
- 16: 30-17: 00 - in anticipation of the newlyweds - a buffet table for guests.
- 17:00 - young people approach the place of celebration. Guests go out to meet them, stand on both sides of the aisle, forming a corridor along which the bride and groom walk. In front of them are the children, showered with petals on the way, the guests also shower the young with rice and petals. The presenter together with the guests wishes the newlyweds peace, harmony, and love. In the hall, there is a table with a pyramid of champagne glasses. Two upper, tied with ribbon glasses are designed for young. Include this spectacular moment in the script of the wedding evening, it is very beautiful. The facilitator offers to congratulate the newlyweds and drink champagne in their honor. After everyone congratulates the newlyweds, the presenter invites to go to the buffet table. At this time, musicians entertain guests, and the newlyweds tidy up their outfit, makeup.
- 17:30 - all are invited to the wedding table. Guests are seated according to the cards laid out on the tables. The presenter says the first beautiful wedding toast in honor of the newlyweds. After that, guests and start eating. At this time, pleasant soft music sounds. Next, toasts and wishes are said from the parents of the young: first the groom, and then the bride. Then one or more variety numbers may be shown. Then the congratulations are given by the witnesses, then there are toasts with stories about love and a smooth introduction to the competitions for the newlyweds. Next, include a melody that sounded on the day of acquaintance. The dance of the bride and groom is announced, balloons fly up to the ceiling or one big ball that bursts at the climax, small balls, confetti, fly out of it. Be sure to include in the script of the wedding evening is a beautiful sight.
- 18:30 - the host invites everyone to a dance break.
- 19:00 - begin to serve hot snacks, and guests sit at the table.
- 19:30 - those who wish to offer toasts and wedding greetings.
- 19:45 - contests.
- 20:15 - pop number, dancing.
- 21:00 - competition or auction of the newlywed's portraits, previously drawn by the guests.
- 21:20 - dancing.
- 22:20 - take out the wedding cake with the lights off with firecrackers and lights. Newlyweds make an incision in the lower tier to the applause of the guests. The first piece leading puts up for auction.
- 22:35 - sweet table.
- 22:45 - the bride throws the bouquet, and the groom - the garter.
- 22:55 - “dance of wishes” - newlyweds dance, and guests wish them happiness and well-being.
- 23:00 - the solemn speech of the newlyweds ends the program.
Wedding decoration in European style
You need to be ready to spend on floral decor. There will be inappropriate paper garlands and homemade hearts. Arch, seats in the wedding hall, photo zone, tables in the restaurant, dance floor - all this is decorated with live floral arrangements and light textiles.
When choosing the main color scheme of the celebration, it is important to take into account the venue, wedding theme and time of year:
- universal all-season shades are pink, cream and blue;
- for the fall best-suited wine, orange, and chocolate color;
- for the winter period - deep purple, emerald, and scarlet;
- for spring and summer - bright or, conversely, muted pastel colors.
All colors are a different variety of colors, so it is important to determine the correct color scheme. For example, red-haired girls and brown-haired women are perfect lilac color. At the same time, it should not dominate in the design, it is enough to place a few accents. To the bride stood out against the background of the holiday and those present, her outfit should be bright. But the dresses of girlfriends, on the contrary, need to be made contrasting - this difference looks especially good on the photos.
Before you choose the color scheme of the wedding, you need to focus on the choice of fresh flowers, because blue or purple plants are much smaller than pink or red. The combination of sharply contrasting shades looks exquisite:
- pink with brown;
- red and blue;
- green and orange.
The white color at the wedding is always appropriate.
Banquet and festivities
European weddings do not last long. The Banquet usually lasts for several hours. The ceremony is not heavy serves home-cooked meals, which are usually light snacks, fruit, and cold meats, salads, tarts, and canapés.
Seating is made taking into account the age, interests, and proximity to the young. Sometimes married couples are placed in one part of the hall, and free guests - in another.
A must is the presence of waiters even at the buffet, they pour drinks, clean the table and take care of invited guests. The decoration of the Banquet will be a small candy bar, which houses a chocolate fountain, cakes, and other sweets.
On the table in front of the memorial book of wishes and Seating plan. At each place at the table, there are cards with the names of the guests and miniature gifts of thanks from the newlyweds. The format of the celebration is more close to a social event than to a feast, so it is desirable to inform the most active friends and relatives about the style of the event in advance.
Since the wedding is conducted by the entertainer, he announces the numbers of the program and gives the right to speak. Music should be live. The evening's program should be in advance, it involved fakirs, dancers, musicians, pyrotechnics, etc. It starts the fun part with the first dance of the young. On the screen show funny pictures of each of the spouses or the history of their acquaintance.
Before the wedding or after it, the young go for a wedding walk. During it, the invited photographer conducts a photoshoot, according to the chosen theme or pre-agreed preferences. Friends do not participate in it, usually, it happens later, at a Banquet, or in the morning, after the young people gather.
In addition to staged shots, you can make unexpected photos. In any case, they will take pride of place in the wedding album and for many years will be reminded of this happy day.