Marketing technologies are methods of promoting goods (services) to the market. In addition, there are ways to increase sales. Marketing is not limited to advertising and sales promotion. It includes everything related to the product: quality, ergonomics, properties, design. This is the price, the choice of points for implementation, promotions, loyalty programs.
Consider what types of marketing technologies exist. Let's find out what their features are.
Table of Contents
It is to create a sales chain. Independent agents of the company sell its products. They attract other people by becoming their leaders. New agents soon also become a step higher. They begin to control a group of other distributors. Managers receive a percentage of the value of goods sold by subordinate agents.
Network marketing allows the company to minimize expenses. The manufacturer does not need to look for wholesalers who will sell goods in stores. No need to pay for transportation and storage facilities. There is no cost for managers. You can even save on advertising because this function is performed by the agents themselves.
The use of marketing technology is the correct placement of goods. The seller creates such conditions that the buyer easily and quickly found what he needed. That he perceived being in the store as entertainment, fun and spent as much money. Products must have attractive advertising descriptions and correct price tags.
The company places the number of its call center on the packaging of the goods or in television advertising. Sometimes he promises to send a small gift to the consumer for making a call. The telephone exchange distributes all callers to the call center. The first talk to the operators. The second wait while experts will be released, and at this time listen to information on actions, discounts of the company.
Communication by phone increases brand awareness, trust and customer loyalty. For questions asked by callers, you can create a portrait of the consumer, to understand the needs. Comments and recommendations allow the company to make a product or service more attractive to customers.
It is that people themselves share information about the product with each other. Divided by:
- Spreading Rumors. The manufacturer brings to the masses certain information for the purpose of advertising. People tend not only to interpret in their own way but also to add something of their own. As a result, the information is distorted. But companies such gossip profitable, they increase awareness and interest. It happens that the information is so distorted that it can harm the reputation of the manufacturer.
- Directed word of mouth. The company hires people who talk about the benefits of the product, call it the best. And it is presented as the conviction of a particular person, not as advertising.
- Gifts, discounts for attracting other customers.
- Advertising goods from the lips of opinion leaders, celebrities. This technology is expensive but usually pays off well.
By this term, some mean hidden marketing. Others mean non-standard. Such confusion in concepts gives the right to speak about two subspecies of guerrilla marketing. This new marketing technology arose in response to the over-saturation of advertising with information space and real life. Consumers have developed insensitivity. They just stopped noticing the ads.
Hidden guerrilla marketing is when people do not notice that they are trying to make loyal to some brand, product. For example, the company that produces mobile phones attracted well-known media personalities. They asked passers-by to photograph them on the smartphone and at the same time told about its advantages. It looked natural, like an exchange of personal experiences.
Non-standard guerrilla marketing involves low costs. It is suitable for small businesses or start-up companies with a low budget. The essence of technology in the distribution of advertising products of unusual appearance and content. Example: yoga center business card is made of neoprene. It looks a lot like a rolled-up yoga mat.
Companies join forces and promote products together or promote each other. Firms must produce different products. The target audience is one or intersect. It is important that consumers of both products have approximately the same level of income. Products of the budget segment and the elite will be difficult to promote together.
Types of cross-marketing:
- Tactical. One-time cooperation for a short period. It can be a special offer for the holiday or discounts on the birthday of the company. However, this technology can be used frequently, as well as attractive as many partners.
- Strategic. Companies (two, at least three) agree on long-term cooperation. They offer a loyalty program, order General advertising, or PR each other.
Marketing technologies have been settled in culture for a long time. Product placement confirms that. What is its essence? In the film, video game, video, workbook advertising the product or brand. The spread of this technology is due to the fact that consumers have deliberately avoided advertising. They switch the channel, install a blocker on the Internet.
Product placement can be of three types:
- Auditory. Character or off-screen voice mentions a product.
- Visual. The audience sees the logo or the product through the movie hero. For example, a sign on the street, a drink on the table.
- Kinesthetic. The character interacts with the product, for example, makes steep turns on a motorcycle of a famous brand.
This is the newest technology that has developed in a separate direction. Promotion on the Internet has subspecies. Let's analyze each of them.
Need to attract more Internet users to the site. To do this, the page must be on the first positions or on the first pages of the search engine. SEO optimization can be internal and external.
Internal optimization improves the quality of the site. A good page should respond to the request of visitors, contain the correct keys. The usefulness, structure, uniqueness, and volume of texts are of great importance. Site linking and other components of internal optimization make it more attractive for people.
The outer optimization involves the placement of links on the web site, on other sites. It is important not only the number but also the reputation of third-party resources. You can exchange links with high-quality websites you visit. Their authority and mention of your site will help in promoting. Buy a lot of links at a time and place them on one-day sites is dangerous. Search engines can recognize a trick, and the rating of the web resource will fall.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
It's social media marketing. Company to interested buyers, leads a group in social networks, in the same polls, contests. You can" make friends " with other groups to increase the number of subscribers.
Advantages of SMM:
- in social networks, only the target audience, so the traffic to the site is better;
- feedback from consumers helps to improve the quality of services (product);
- the users themselves disseminate information, share with your friends;
- cheaper SEO.
Disadvantages of SMM:
- no quick impact;
- no guarantee
- not suitable for complex industrial products and b2b segment.
Social media optimization (SMO)
This is the optimization of the website for popular social networks. The resource integrated with social networks has buttons "Share", "I like". On the site, you can subscribe to updates via the social network, through it to comment on your favorite article.
Viral Internet marketing
Thanks to social networks and the Internet in general, the content spreads as quickly as the virus and covers a huge number of users in a short time. Views:
- Viral video. This marketing Internet technology is used most often. The essence of the placement on the site funny, unusual video. Most often in the video, there is no advertising of the product - only the logo or company name in the credits. For people to distribute the video to friends, it must be very interesting.
- A viral game with prizes. The company holds a competition to perform some tasks, then an entertaining event. All ends with the presentation of gifts to the winners. This is an expensive technology, it is used only by major market players.
- Transfer of information through well-known bloggers. This applies only to popular blogs with high attendance.
- Viral marketing through social networks. Spread can not only video but also a funny picture, photo, link to the site.
It's synonymous with direct marketing. The technology involves direct one-way contact with potential customers. Users who are the target audience, send a series of emails or SMS. With the help of mailing, the company demonstrates its expertise to the client, shows how it can be useful. Then he tries to sell a product or service.
To start the mailing does not need a huge budget. Conveniently, the available statistics operability emails, clicking on links and placing orders. The difficulty lies in the fact that you need to accurately create a customer base, and then constantly replenish it. In addition, e-mail messages often get into spam. Some users and does not fundamentally open such letters.
On the search results page, the user can see the ad units. They are located at the top, just below the search bar, and on the right. Yet such advertising is found on the websites of the same or a similar topic. Contextual advertising can be a text ad or an advertising banner.
If the user is interested, he clicks on the link and goes to the advertiser's website. For each transition, and therefore for each potential client, the manufacturer pays money. The more popular the keyword phrase in the ad, the more expensive the ad.
The advantage of marketing technology is that from the first day the company receives potential customers who have moved to the site. There is no need for promotion through optimization. However, customers may disappear when the ad expires. In addition, contextual advertising is not suitable for information sites. Resources that earn on traffic will not be able to pay back.
Speaking of media advertising, often referred to as banners. These are images, animated drawings or short videos. Banners look almost the same as ads on billboards or magazine pages. They inform consumers about promotions, appeared products.
A banner should be not only attractive and noticeable but also catchy, ie play on human emotions. Placing a banner on a site with high traffic is expensive. This information and marketing technology allows you to see statistics. Unfortunately, it shows that not so many visitors to the site, who came by the link, become customers.
The essence and purpose of this modern marketing technology is the formation of the company's brand, its development, and promotion on the Internet. Internet branding at different stages has its own tasks.
- Familiarity with the audience with the brand. It should become recognizable, and for this purpose, companies use many of the above marketing technologies: banners, advertising in social networks, forums, cross - and direct marketing. The manufacturer explains to the audience the features of its product or service, tries to form the image of a professional. People need to believe in the company's ability to solve their problems.
- Strengthening brand positions in the network. Thanks to the quality of production and service at the firm there are more and more clients. The manufacturer communicates with them through the website, social networks, involving consumers in the life of the brand. At this stage, advertising of products by well-known personalities works well. As a result, customers become loyal to the brand.
- Constant maintenance of the company's image. This stage is the most difficult. For customers to become adherents of the brand products, quality, sales, and after-sales service, fame are necessary. A company with a large number of adherents can save on advertising.
Social marketing technology
Unlike the previous ones, this technology is not designed to sell more services or satisfy the need of buyers for a product. Its goal is to improve the quality of life of certain categories of people, to popularize the idea useful for society or the ecosystem. The company can help the poor, orphanages, encourage people to join the charity event. Large manufacturers are promoting the idea of making packaging from recycled materials or replacing plastic bags with paper ones.
Management of marketing technologies includes:
- Product policy. This is the creation of new products or updates. Product positioning in the market, ensuring its competitiveness. Packaging development, brand development.
- Sales policy. This is sales promotion, demand formation, sales strategy development.
- Price policy. This is the choice of reasonable prices of goods, margins, discounts. Setting the initial price and options for its fluctuations.
- Technologies of marketing communications. They are used at all stages of promotion from the manufacturer to the customer. The company decides in what directions it will advertise and conduct PR. Developing ways of sales and stimulation. It is determined by the creation of the brand image and service quality criteria.
- Marketing research technologies. These are observations, surveys of the target audience, experiments, expert evaluation, development of a mathematical model.
No matter how good the service, the product, without the use of marketing technologies the company will not succeed. Recently, marketing has become very difficult, and the approaches that were effective yesterday, today do not work. Specialists who understand marketing technologies, as a rule, have a specialization, for example, SEO, SMM, or e-mail-mailing. For the services of promotion companies better to turn to professionals.