Natural Links - What is it?
Natural links are links to external resources that appear on the Internet in a natural way. They are posted by webmasters if they believe that some material located by reference will be useful and interesting to visitors to their site. Such hyperlinks indicate that the resource on which they are placed is a high-quality website made for people, and not for deceiving search robots.
The role of natural links in website promotion
As you know, SEO promotion of a site involves working with an external link building, which directly affects the ranking of pages in search results. If earlier it was enough to buy a certain number of links and the site got into the top, today it is desirable to increase the link building naturally (that is, by increasing the number of natural links).
Unnatural link building, in turn, is built up by artificial means. In other words, the placement is carried out not at the publisher's own request, but for a certain fee. For example, for money or for mutual placement of links.
The main difference between natural and unnatural links is that the first appear regularly with a gradual increase in their number. If people like content and share it, then more people will like it and share it even more. The latter may appear randomly, depending on how they are purchased. For example, this week they bought 100 pieces, and the next - 0.
Search engines have a negative attitude to purchased links, while natural links can significantly increase the site's position in search results. For this reason, it is very important to maintain the naturalness of the link building. Otherwise, hyperlinks can have a negative impact on ranking. And instead of going up, the site will fall under sanctions.
Search robots have learned to track the quality of the link building of a resource. If they suspect a site of buying and selling links or other similar operations, penalties will be imposed on it (falling under filters that do not allow pages ranked). Therefore, it is important that the promotion is carried out by increasing precisely the natural link building.
To determine the naturalness of the linking environment, search engines have many parameters:
- What anchors refer to the resource - how naturally does the acceptor anchor list look like;
- The growth rate of the link building - you need to be especially attentive to young sites, also do not forget about the "link explosion";
- Characteristics of donors - whether they were previously "suspected" of selling or exchanging links;
- Characteristics of the recipients - whether they were previously “caught” in the purchase of links;
- Location of the link on the page – in the vast majority of cases, the natural link is located in the same block with the main content of the page;
- The degree of relevance of the topics of the donor and recipient;
- Visitors click on these links.
This is a small part of the factors that the search engine analyzes. All of these parameters are evaluated together.
Where to get natural links
Of course, getting natural links is not so easy. This is why most webmasters resort to buying. But it's still possible.
How to increase the natural link building:
- Publish really good content. Going to any site, a person is looking for something (a product, service, or information). Your site should answer his question. If the content is useful and interesting, they will definitely share it;
- Create pages on social networks and perform parallel publication of content with links to resource pages. Firstly, the links themselves will already have a lot of weight, as search engines trust popular social networks. Secondly, people who saw an interesting post will share it, which means distributing links;
- Use viral marketing. The publication of viral content allows you to reach a huge audience in the shortest possible time, which will increase the number of backlinks to the source;
- Hold contests and sweepstakes. People love such actions and actively share them. In this case, for example, one of the conditions of the competition may be the placement of links on your page;
- leave quality comments with links on forums and blogs. It is important to understand that no one likes open advertising. Doubtful comments will be deleted. Enter the links organically and on the topic, so that it looks like "I just want to share something useful with you";
- Share links with other content sites. This method is not entirely natural, but if you choose a high-quality platform for mutual promotion, such links will not look suspicious.
Any natural link will be better than any purchased one, even if you have selected the highest quality donors. After all, the natural appearance of links on third-party resources suggests that the content is interesting and liked by people, which means that others will share it.