In the previous article, we figured out how to choose the necessary keywords for your YouTube channel theme, and in this article, we will make a good description of the channel on YouTube.
Why do you need a YouTube channel description?
Any text is the best source of information for search engines. The search robot will not be able to recognize and understand images, videos, or audio as accurately as text. This is why channel descriptions, titles, and video descriptions play a very important role in successful development on YouTube.
Moreover, you only need to spend 20-30 minutes writing the text once and then make adjustments if necessary. Don't be lazy, read on, and make your project one more step more successful.
Writing a cool and original description
In general, the description should fully reveal the idea and subject of the channel. Tell the user who will read what it is about.
You need to keep within 1000 characters. It is advisable not to write the text in one continuous paragraph, but to break it down nicely and make it easier to read.
To begin with, you can type a template for your description in any text document, and then copy it and paste where necessary.
A few recommendations:
- Use keywords in the text. You just need to insert them naturally, and not just solidly separated by a comma. Search engines are not fools either, they will see all re-optimization, apply filters, and “publicly lower” you in the search results.
- Do not forget about brand queries.
- Do not try to sell something in the channel description and insert links. The links will still be inactive.
- Describe about the project, what it does, and what videos are published on it. Show your expertise in the niche that the channel is dedicated to.
- You can tell something interesting about yourself or other authors of the channel.
- You can specify the days and times when new videos are released.
- If you have any contests for subscribers on your channel, you can make an announcement and talk about prizes.
- At the end of the description, you can add a small call to subscribe.
Adding the description on YouTube channel
To add a description on your YouTube channel click on the "customize channel" button on the main page.
Now on the customization page navigate to the "About" section and click on the "Channel description" button.
Write your channel description in the box and click "Done" when finished.
That's all sorted out.
If there is anything to add about the description of the YouTube channel, then write in the comments.